Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 30, 2002, 11:53 PM   #1
Default Bought 707, then realized...

I went to CompUSA of all places looking for a video card (nvidia ti4700), then found the F-707 on sale for $799.00. Well, after wiping the saliva off of the counter, I decided to buy it. I was excited, took it home and THEN REALIZED that I actually had the older model, not the 717. I was BUMMED!

They have a 15% restocking charge for an opened box, and I don't really need the HQX movie mode, but it was something I was looking forward to. I feel kind of jipped and a little stupid for buying on impulse, but the camera is nice. I'm thinking about just keeping the 707 because it's a great camera, it has faster shutter speed and better zoom then my (cute little) Sony S75. I don't want to spend the extra $200 bucks since I'm already on a budget (LAFF - yah right!)

Does anyone have any consoling thoughts on my little mishap?
Arie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2002, 9:45 PM   #2
Default Arie ...

Keep your F-707 and enjoy it for crying out loud! The improvements on the new F717, which by the way, isn't due out until I THINK October 8th (or was it the 15th), and it's price can be found at Sony's website. I bought the F-707 two months ago, knowing full-well the F717 was coming out. I'm delighted with my purchase. Especially since I got it at Sears with a price-matching deal. Sears is no longer carrying the F-707 I'm told. I haven't seen the camera ANYWHERE else locally for less than $949 (on sale at Bestbuys), so be happy with your purchase. Let us know what you decide to do. I love my F-707. It's not perfect, but believe me, neither is it's successor. Now get outside and take some pics!

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote