Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:34 PM   #1

I am one who wants to upgrade my KM 414 primarily so I can take VGA movies. I realize not as good as video camera but I have my camera with me MUCH more often then my camcorder (due to size).

Looking at the Sony eP93. Confused about the MPEG VX. Does anyone know how easy it is to burn these VX files to VCD or DVD for playing on home DVD player

MPEG 4 seems like a good option but unless your DVD player supports DIVX your are probably talking 3-8 hrs of encoding time to convert DIVX to DVD for every movie you convert.

The new Sony DSC-M1 looks very promising. Wonder how quality of MPEG 4 will be and how easy sony will make it to burn to DVD :?:

The Cannon S1 looks good. But, AVI files chew up a lot of space.

Appreciate VX answers from any who own Sony..TIA
Hotoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2004, 9:16 AM   #2

Hi, I use a program called Pinnacle studio 8 to turn my camcorder footage into Video CD. I think that it should also be able to convert video footage taken from a Sony camera. 1 hour of footage usually takes just over an hour to convert into Video CD. I sometimes convert my footage to DIVX but like you said you do then need a DVD player that can handle DIVX files if you don't want to watch them on the PC.
Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote