Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 20, 2004, 3:37 PM   #1

My wife just got back from the "authorized" Sony repair shop and was told that her DSC-T1 display was cracked and was not under warrenty. We purchased the case (tripod ready) just to help avoid this. The camera was not dropped.

Has anyone seen / heard of this problem? Is there a way to get Sony to repair this under warrentee?

Thanks in advance,

Randy :?
RandyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:58 PM   #2

I really don't think Sony will replace a broken display under warranty, that would be almost like a car dealer replacing a broken windshield under warranty. I have an extra W1 display but I don't think it will work in a T1. Did they give you a price on replacing the LCD?
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:50 AM   #3

Do you still have that W1 LCD screen? We broke ours and am looking for a replacement.
Nad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:24 AM   #4

The W1 wont work in the T1 CyberShotNut, the T1 LCD only works in the T1. Problem with buying a new one is that you dont get the backlight with it and the two cables are connected... you have to pull them apart, and then hope there is enough of the connection left that it will work with the new screen.

I will have T1 screens on hand shortly, email me for pricing. Im going to make an installation guide to go with them also.

darntoothysam is offline   Reply With Quote