Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:16 PM   #11

Thanks for clarifying that Steve. I'm looking forward to your review and what you have to say about the aperture issue. I haven't taken that many outdoor pictures yet, but the ones that I have taken were in bright sunlight and they didn't all default to F8 in auto mode, although a few did.
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 6:02 AM   #12

In response to the request by CyberShotNut I have takensome test shots at f4 and f8. In each case the V3 was set on aperture priority, on a tripod, set at infinity and triggered using the timer to eliminate any shake. I havecropped small sections of each of thethree pairs ofimages. See

Each of the pairs shows some degradation in the f8 images but possibly not asmuchas thoseon the DCresource site. The differences are subtle and during my very limited experience, I have not seen any tendency to select f8 in auto mode. But, it is winter here andf8 might be selectedmore often in brighter conditions.

I don't think it will be a problem for me and I have been impressed with the camera in most other respects. The communication sockets are protected by soft rubber flaps that hinge out on thin flexible strips and it makes you wonder howlong it will be before the repeatedbending breaks them.

Hope this is helpful

stan ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 4:25 AM   #13

ok, bad example i guess, but i dont see much difference:
(f8 is only selected automagically when pointed to sky only)
Attached Images
smok3 is offline   Reply With Quote