Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:34 AM   #1
Default F717 Image quality in TIFF/JPG - help please

I have just purchased an F717 and have noticed an oddity that perhaps some of you can explain. As an example, this morning I set the camera on a tripod and set it to record in TIFF - taking a shot of trees and grass in my backyard. Immediately (well as immediately as the F717 allows whilst recording a TIFF shot <g>) I took the same shot (both shot in automatic at ASA100) recording in normal (JPG mode). Now the camera automatically records a JPG image along with the TIFF - so I had two JPGs to compare. I found that while the JPG and the TIFF (recorded by the camera automatically) "looked" virtually identical, the JPG recorded separately "looked" considerably different than the other JPG. Since the settings were the same and the light and camera position were identical I would have expected the two JPGs to be virtually identical - but they are not. I have done this experiment several times now and in each case the JPG recorded automatically during TIFF shooting looks considerably different (color and image quality) than the JPG recorded in "normal" shooting mode. Can someone please explain what the differences are here?
Joey Nipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:28 AM   #2

try to check this review:
CEBEP is offline   Reply With Quote