Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:26 AM   #1

I've got a W1 (love it) and currently only have the 32mb MS that it came with, and a 256mb MSpro. I'm trying to decide if I should get a 1gb, or wait til the 2gb sticks become a bit cheaper.

With my 256 stick, I can do 3:12 (give or take) of the highest quality video. Am I correct in assuming that with the 1gb stick, I'd do 4X as much, which would be about 12.5 min? And then with the 2gb stick, I could do about 25 min?

I really would love the 2 gb stick, does anybody have any idea when they will start becoming more available? Or a good place to find a deal? I see 2 on ebay, both going for over $280, and that's a bit steep. I don't see any on my favorite sites (newegg, etc) yet, so I'm hoping they will start showing up soon.

I have heard lots of stories about 2gb sticks working fine in the W1, but never actaully firsthand... Can anyone verify this thru personal use?

Last question: I heard about Sandisk making a 4gb MSpro UltraIII. Any news on that?
Locustfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:09 AM   #2

Lots of vendors stock the Sandisk 2GB Memory Stock Pro. If you want to wait, just keep an eye on prices fordrops:

The 4GB Memory Stick Pro Ultra II doesn't look like it's available yet:

The 4GB is likely to be the one with compatibility problems (I don't know if your Sony will support FAT32 or not, and FAT16 is limited to 2GB). You'll have to wait until someone tries it to find out.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote