Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:46 AM   #1

Circuit City is selling the P52 camera for only $129.99. It's a decent point and shoot camera great for beginners and kids. It has 3.2 Megapixels, 2X optical zoom and comes with rechargeable batteries and a charger. I don't think you can find any other digital camera that compares to this for the price. I'm not sure how long they will have them at this price, but as of Dec. 12, 2004 the site says it is in stock: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...l.do?oid=71923
Attached Images
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:09 AM   #2

I agree that's a real bargain. A P52 was my first digicam in May 2003 and we still kept it as a second camera when we upgraded to a 5MP Sony in 2004.

The P52 has a real quality feel and is a sensible size for those that feel today's cameras are getting a bit too small.

Image quality is impressive straight off the camera and it has good facilities like a nice movie mode with sound, AV outputs and the excellent lasting Sony AA rechargeables with charger included as Cybershotnut says.

Something I like too is that despite having a 2x zoom the lens is contained within the body...it doesn't telescope out. This makes it far more rugged than all the later Cybershots.

Here is an image taken last Christmas at a friend's house...on fully auto at 1.3MP setting,with camera's own flash. Just resized to upload here and the "sharpen lightly" added in my photo program (which I do to every imagefrom any camera).

Attached Images
Cybershot455 is offline   Reply With Quote