Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:26 AM   #1

Hi everyone this is my first post. I used to own Sony P8 3.2MP but now decided to upgrade to a better digital camera in terms of mega pixel 5MP and above, better shutter speed, better zoom lens, better image quality an lastly better price performance.
I narrowed my selection to these 3-cameras :
Olympus c5060 w/ 512MB($USD 610),
Sony V3 w/256MB($USD 701) and
Canon G6 w/512MB($USD 753).

Can somebody tell me which one to select and why? Also I would very much appreciate anyone who have used any of these cameras to tell me experiance.:?:
Marthad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:58 AM   #2

It depends on what features are most important for you. All 3 are good cameras that differ slightly in their feature set. I'd say if you need wide angle zoom go with Olympus, if you need fast zoom go with Canon and if you need a large screen and a good movie mode go with Sony. As I said all three are high quality feature packed cams. Looking at the prices you posted it seems like the Oly is the best deal.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:02 PM   #3

Martha D,

All three cameras are outstanding. I own a G6, but the V3 and Oly 5060 are just as capable and are really really fine cameras. The wide angle zoom of the Oly 5060 is without compare and the V3 will take razor sharp photos in just about any situation.

To be honest, I think the Oly 5060 gives the best value for the money for the moment and you should be able to drive a very goodbargain on one because the dealers want to clear stocks of the 5060 to "make room" for the new Oly 7070. I don't think you'd ever be sorry witha 5060 with 512 MB CF card for US$610....that's a hell of a good deal.

Steve C.

SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote