Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:59 PM   #1

Having been down to the shops again today and checked the contents of the change jar I've decided to plump for the V3.

What I'd appreciate info on is what type / make / capacity of compact flash and memory stick should ideally bought for this (assuming 512mb plus for both?).

Will probably make purchases on Ebay, so need to make I sure I select the correct types.

Thanks in advance.
u_luv_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:09 PM   #2

Everything depends on your shooting style. At the highest resolution and quality, the V3 manual says you can expect to get about 279 shots on a 1Gb MS and about 294 shots on a 1Gb CF card.

Now, card are always more expensive as you go up in capacity so, if you will NEVER take 280-290 shots before you dump them onto your computer then you might not need a 1Gb card at all.

For example, you can get 67 shots on a 256Mb MS...that might be enough for you. Why pay for space that you never fill up?

Also, check with the store where you buy the V3 to see if ANY memory card come swith it. I don't think that Sony is giving a 32Mb card..I didn't get one! BUT...I was able to haggle with the store and, as a deal, they threw in a 512Mb MS Pro Duo for nothing..it can't hurt to ask! They might not give you a deal like that..but you might get something!

Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:34 PM   #3

I would definitely go no less than 512mb, as this gives you more flexibility for the great video capabilities of the V3. A 512 memory stick allows 22 minutes of video time. At the very least, having one of each card, CF and Memory stick gives you plenty of storage and flexibility.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:39 PM   #4

I picked up a Sony MSX512 for $112.00 and a Sandisk CF 512 type I for $40.98 on ebay for my V3 ... should be all I need. My V3 didn't come with a stick , anyway for around $153.00 for a GB of storage I thought it was a pretty good deal.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:15 PM   #5

Has anyone tried or does anyone know if the V3 will work with a 2GB CF or MS Pro??

SRG_SSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:56 AM   #6

Both of these two cards will work with the V3.

septik is offline   Reply With Quote