Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:34 PM   #1

Have tried all ways to get decent photos, talked to technical support and according to them I am doing everything right! Photos are still garbage - my old Olympus 2100UZ makes this Sony thing - I won't grace it with the name camera - look like an old throwaway piece of junk. Has anyone managed to get ANY decent photos from one of these things - if so HOW did you do it. Please - any help will be gratefully appreciated.

The Bear
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:11 PM   #2

A good friend of mine has a P73 and always gets excellent results with it. Try using it in "P" mode and adjust the settings to your preference. I have never personally usedthe P73, but my P93 gives me excellent, sharp pictures and I can't see the two being that much different.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:12 PM   #3

The Bear wrote:
Photos are still garbage
I'm not familiar with the P73 myself, but if you post one of your pictures here maybe someone can help you identify what's wrong. I think pictures get downsized when posted, so post a web-sized 100% crop if that will illustrate the problem better.

Have you tried looking at sample images from the P73 online, e.g. on this site or at Imaging Resource? These will give you an idea of what this model produces and might help you determine whether there's a problem with your camera, or whether your expectations are beyond the P73's capabilities.

Hope this helps,

davej is offline   Reply With Quote