Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:55 PM   #1

Should I wait for a 7 mp version or do you think that this is as good as it gets? What do you think of its quality and what do youthink beats it as far as picture quality? Have you had any problems? I always see them in the store and they are always malfunctioning... Best place/price to get it?

peterdaniel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:15 AM   #2

I've had my W1 for about 6 months now and have never had any trouble with it at all. After comparing the P100 and P150 side by side,(another post on here) I hardly see a difference in image quality and detail between 5MP and 7MP. The large LCD is great and in dark placesit's it's one of the only cameras I actually use the viewfinder on because it's placed in a very comfortable spot. The AA batteries last very long per charge and are cheaply available.(Unlike LI-ION which are very expensive) Sure you can always wait for newer and better, but that's never ending with electronics these days. Ebay would probably be the cheapest place to find the camera, but I would recommend that you check it out in a local store first to make sure it's what you want as returning an item you purchase on ebay is a real pain!:|
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote