Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:15 AM   #1

I am using a Sony CD Mavica 3.3, and downloading the pics into iPhoto (Mac G4 Sys 10.2.6). I have had no problem downloading pics until now. I am getting "you have inserted a blank CD" message when I try to download. I changed CD's and am still getting the error message. The disk which presented the first error message has about 100 photos on it, 75 of which were already successfully downloaded. The remaining photos are viewable on the camera screen. Any suggestions which I can try to correct this problem?
TishOffutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 5:56 PM   #2

I'm using the Mavica CD-400, and occasionally have had the same problem. I'm not the most computer literate person around, so most of the time when I encounter a problem I'm happy to find a quick fix, rather than try to figure out why the problem occured in the first place. I have ready access to three computers... a desktop at work, and my desktop and laptop at home. I tried the cd that was giving me trouble in another computer, and VOILA!... there were my pictures. I immediately saved them to the hard drive, and copied them onto another cd. When I inserted this second cd into my home desktop, where I do my editing and printing, everything was there. So, try the cd in another computer, and see if it helps. It did for me.
Steve M is offline   Reply With Quote