Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:23 PM   #1

Hi. just today someone sent me an e-mail with this picture of the sony t7.im not sure if its true or not. but it looks cool.

if anyone knows if the flash will improve on the T7 or not , please let me know.

Attached Images
smsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2

Nice, this one may be a good improvement over the T1, T11, T3, T33. It looks like the flash is bigger and further away from the lens. It's toobad the widest aperture is still f3.5...
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:39 PM   #3

It looks very sleek and even sexy ! Nice Job (Again) Sony
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:25 PM   #4

Notice how the body is thicker at the lens area and downward? From the front view, it lookslike they found a way to make the rest of the camera body slimmer :-)

The tragedy is most new pocketable cameras are going the wrong direction in terms of optics/sensors. They have smaller CCD sensors (currently 1/2.4" and shrinking), making them less sensitive to light. Coupled with the smaller lens assemblyin the T series,these cameras become very unsuitable for low-light indoor situations beyond the 2-3m flash range. Considering the small battery and tiny flash,it would need major flash improvements to obtain significant gains.

:idea:Sony should look into putting more sensitive sensors to bring the f-stop back to about 2.0 :!:
virgil_dlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:20 AM   #5

I love that it's so slim, but......I hate that the T-Series have such small sensors. It's as bad as the new DSC-H1 that is said to have a 1/2.5" sensor!! Terrible for a 5MP???!!!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote