Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:16 PM   #1

Ihave been lusting for the F828 since it came out. Now however, I am holding back a bit. The camera has been out about 18 months or so... Based on what I have see from Sony in the past, it seems like an updated/ upgraded version is due soon & I'd rather get that.

I mean, now with the p200 having 7.2 megapixels, I would tend to expect the F series to add something to stay in the game.

Any thoughts? Rumors? Suggestions?
Mavica-5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:58 PM   #2

If it is an update that improves image quality, I would definitely wait. However Sony adding more mega-pixels to the camera would not be a reason for me to get it over the previous model. If the price drops on the F828 after a new model is released, I would consider the differences and see what major improvements the new model has. The F828 was the first consumer digital camera with 8MP. So Sony could do the same marketing strategy again and come out with 10MP or more and a faster startup to shoot time. The other advantage of waiting would be to get the older model at a lower price, which is the way I would go to save a lot of money. I made an exception when I decided to buy the P200, because at the time it was priced cheaper than the P150.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote