Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:41 AM   #1

I want to buy a new camera and i'm trying to decide between V1 and V3.

The specs are nearly the same except the battery life. The LCD difference is no impartant to me because both have the same number of pixels. The sensor and lens are also similar.

I don't have any chance to try any of these before buying so any input of yours is very important to me.

My question is, is there any difference between the color tones of these two? Can you say one produces warmer color than the other? I checked steves sample pics but couldn't see much difference.

The color tones is so much important for me becasue it is the main reason i want to change my cam. My P93 produces very pale skin tones in my opinion. Although it is a great cam except that, i want to see warm colors in my photos.

Thanks to everybody reading it and thanks to this website being a great communication platform.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:47 AM   #2

From what I've read the ergonomics of the V1 is not as good as that of the V3, because of the Flash placement. Although it's a distance away from the lens (which is a good thing) unlike the V3, if you use the flash, you cannot hold it as steady, as the flash sticking out will interfere with your grip. The V3 doesn't have this problem, but as the flash is above and near the lens, red-eye is more present.

The viewfinder on both aren't that nicely placed either.

Though humans can work around such things, andit's not that it's a terrible design. Far from it. They're very nicely built. It's just that some find it important, maybe youfind ittoo.

And the big difference is that the V3 is 7.2 megapixel, the V1 is 5.

If you don't need all those pixels the V1 would do fine. I haven't got experience with the colour and such. I have read that the V3 is a succesful successer (over the V1), though.

See the in depth reviews of dpreview.com and those that are availablefrom this site.

Good Luck.
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:54 AM   #3

I'd go with the V3 after reading the review and looking at the specs
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote