Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:28 AM   #1

Check this review of the P200 by cnet and take a look at the little comparison charts at the bottom.

I won't comment on this until others have read it. Since CNET is probably the most clicked on website for information on products, it does make an impact on buyers who are looking for small ultra compact cameras.

I won't say anything about it yet, however after reading this review I implore Steve to please consider your own P200 review that is as accurate as possible. Pleas

OK, I won't say anymore. Please take a look and tell me your thoughts on this CNET review. If anything you should go through quite a few emotions if you know anything about this camera.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:44 AM   #2

A ridiculous review (by someone who tries to be funny in some of the disparaging remarks made - eg, the poor LCD screen) of one of the best selling compact cameras. I don't know who the reviewer is - perhapsa competitor's enthusiast?
lcmb11444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:21 AM   #3

C|Net has perfected the technique of reviewing cameras (and everything else electronic, it appears) without ever having to actually touch the product they are writing about. Using painstaking research of Usenet Newsgroups and manufacturer's spec sheets, they are able to produce a review based completely on rumor, biased opinion and speculation.

There are several review sites that are so 'out of it' that I use them all the time. Whatever they hate, I know will be pretty good!
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote