Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:09 PM   #1

I have a Sony DSC F707 that I have been using for a couple of years now, and it has been a flawless camera up until now. I had the camera at a show and in a freak accident the camera was knocked over onto a hard floor from a distance of about 18 inches. The next time I used it, I noticed that the LCD screen had an odd, bluish-green color on everything in the screen, including all the icons. When I looked at an object in the LCD in particular, the color is off completely, sort of grey looking with washed out color. At the time, I assumed it was a problem with having been dropped. When I shot a photo anyway, the photo actually was unaffected and came out great on the computer monitor. So, the problem seems to be only with the LCD display screen. I never did figure out what happened, but in the next day or two, the problem suddenly disappeared. I used the camera for 6 months or longer without any problems, when lo and behold, the same problem came back. I have read the entire manual, trouble-shooting and all, and can't figure out any setting that would cause this. I have tried changing every setting you can think of, I have "re-set" the camera, let the battery run completely out before re-charging, etc. and still can't figure out where the problem is. It also does not seem to have anything to do with the nightframing or nightshot feature, either. It may very well be that something is damaged internally and only causes this problem intermittenly, but I just wanted to run this by everyone and make sure I was not overlooking something obvious before I take it to a repair place. Anybody have any suggestions or know where I might talk to a knowledeable person before I spend the bucks at a repair place? I did ask a Sony tech via a chat session, and she did not know what the problem was. Thanks in advance for any help.
photofossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 1:01 AM   #2

Sounds like a loose or bad connection possibly where the LCD plugs into the board.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote