Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:09 PM   #1
Default Sony DSC-S75 pixel(4x6 pics) problem????

i bought my sony dsc-s75 about 6 months ago but whenever i print out my pics(mainly 4x6) they seem to turn out pixelated for some reason. Any reason why this would happen. Please help?

jaeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2003, 4:15 PM   #2
Default Pixelation

Jaedan, I too have the S75, the pics come out of the camera at 72 pixels\inch resolution! Try changing the resolution to something like 300 - 340, this will put you in the 4x6 range. This may help with the problem your having.

Good luck,
GLedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 1:48 PM   #3

Pictures that come out of camera do not have any resolution, what they do have is size in pixels (i.e. 2000x1500). Different image editing programs assign by default different resolution to pictures they open (Photoshop for example assigns 72 dpi) for OUTPUT purposes only. What you need to do is to change the print size of your picture and resolution will be adjusted accordingly by the program. If for example you want 4x3" print from 2000x1500 file the resolution will be set to 500 dpi (4" x 500 dpi = 2000 pixels).
If your prints come out pixelated you probably made changes to the resolution forsing your program to downsample the image, reducing number of pixels in it. What editor do you use? And how do you print?
sergey is offline   Reply With Quote