Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:04 PM   #11

I owned this W5 for about 3 months now, and have taken 1000 shots. I'm not a fun of sony digicam, actually this is my first digicam. I have seen canon shots, olympus and nikon.(point and shoot models). I do believe dat this camera is one with the best quality of picture taken. Low noice even in darkest area...unlike other point and shoot dat produce blot in the picture. like a shot taken in ur cellphone..

SOme people might don't like it becoz they didnot know how to use it properly...And about the shaking warning..its actually a good feature. It means that u have longer shutter..Its just an advice to hold the camera more steady..

The zooming is also one of the feature i like..u can use the digital zoom and still produce a good quality picture..Some camera produce noisy shots using digital zoom.

Study and read the manuals...
Attached Images
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:17 PM   #12

I use one as a carry around camera and am happy with the image quality. Will say that after using it very lightly for only a couple of months the lens barrel assembly on mine died (lens got stuck in the out position) and I had to send it in for repair.

Sony had me send it to a 3rd party camera company in New England where it took about a month to get it back as they had to special order the parts needed, but eventually I got it back and so far it's working fine. At least they didn't try the "We'll send you a refurb as a replacement" junk some try. Via my site I haven't heard that this is a problem, so I don't think there's an issue with lenses getting stuck. Otherwise, decent little camera for the price.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 2:17 AM   #13

am also considering a W5 as im about to buy one right now wid my wife but i had to check the comments and reviews of u guys to firm up my decision. and i believe that

w5 makes a pretty good choice to get.
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote