Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:48 PM   #11

Lokks like you may be right, flash setting selected was SL, which is slow synco, that makes the use of slow shutter speed. But what's the deal with that annoying warning, does everyone get that warning every time on their H1 too. How can we get rid of that.
zambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:05 AM   #12

Are sure it is the warning or the vibration reduction signal. Whenever VR is on you will receive this indication.

If it is the handshake warning (i'm not sure if the H1 has this), there is no way to turn this off. Besides, why would you want to?? This indicator lets you know when shutter speeds are too slow to get sharp results. When you see this warning you either need a tripod, raise the iso, use the flash, or a combination of the three.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:57 AM   #13

I purchased DSC-H1 two weeks ago and I also experience same problem when taking picture indoor. While using "P" mode, the flash always pop up if there is not enough lights around. If I forced turn off the flash, the picture become blurred or dark. Sometimes I want disable the the flash and taking the picture with natural color or surround lights. Otherwise, the with the flash is on, the picture turn out great..! but sometimes it's too bright.

Other words...I enjoy H1 features and it takes great pictures.
asus_75 is offline   Reply With Quote