Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:17 AM   #1

Here is the new DSC-T9 sony camera. It must be a better 'picture taking' camera than the T7 as it is slightly thicker and has enchanced features, i think a review is really needed on this camera though to see its comparison.

Write your thoughts please!

Attached Images
tflinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:46 PM   #2

Lookspretty nice. Finally, Sony has IS for the small cams!

This is Sony's response to the 6 MP Casio EX-S600. It's good to see the opening price is $449 vs. $499! Competition. This should have a ripple effect for all compact digicams.

Problem with these T series cameras are the weak flash, and dim blurry pics...I take a lot of indoor pics with family and friends. If it were stronger, I would probably buy it. I have a feeling that Sony is fibbing about the "improved iso" to stop the blurry pics.

Sony needs to make the flash for the T series, more like the W series flash.

I think Iwill wait for the W Series to come out with a cam with IS, before I get another Sony compact.
archstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:27 PM   #3

Reminds me of the Konica/Minolta X1 released in July

Reminds me of it a lot, actually.

As for the High ISO, I think noise ninja/neat image will do a good job making low-light digicam shots worth taking.

Can't wait for some sample shots.
LesGirrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:08 AM   #4

I would tend to agree with ArchStanton about Sony fibbing about the higher ISO...without noise. The flash on these babies is just too tiny to be effective for more than 5 ft. away, but we'll have to wait and see. If I had to bet, I'd bet phhhhht....

Same issue goes with my other top contender, the soon-to-be-releaseased Sanyo CPV-C6 with digital stabilization. Miniscule flash as well, but at least this model will have some redeye reduction. Much more expensive though, but 5x otpical zoom. Larger too.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:51 PM   #5

Samples of Sony DSC-T9:

Attached Images
valterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:34 PM   #6

I think the T9 is great in daylight but have found that you often get hazy blotches on flash photography in particularly dark places. Sony manual says this is dust reflection, I think it is lens reflections. Whichever it is , its annoying. There are a couple of example photos on this site below

coral is offline   Reply With Quote