Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 9, 2005, 4:05 AM   #1

Hello All,

I have had sony -p200 for about 6 months but have had about 200 shots only. Lately i am having a big problem with indoor low light shots with flash. Even though the flash fires, the pictures are very dark and no blur!!

It seems the flash firing and exposure are happening at different times. Is that a possible cause or am i doing something wrong. i see it in the auto mode with auto flash / forced flash / program mode. But sometimes, the pics come out great...its like 20% the flash actually brightens up image ...rest 80% it doesnt help the image.

Could anyone suggest on it? I dont want 300$ going down the drain !!!

kazaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:02 PM   #2

It is not the first time i read this kind of problem about the P200. Personnaly i havn't had any flash problem whith my P200. it is even stronger than i expected for a so compact camera (very good up to 3 or 4m)
But the flash glass tend to become dirty afer each use, then first verify that the flash glass is always clean.
And are you sure you don't put your finger behind the flash glass? (that happens to me 2 or 3 times ! )
Otherwise i think there is a flash synchro problem. May be try to return it for an exchange
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote