Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 27, 2005, 5:14 AM   #1

Sony DSC717 White balance, doses it hold?

I'm confused about something: even after reading the manual.
In program mode, when you hit the one push white balance button to set the white point, doses it stay at the setting until you shut the camera down? Or do you have to hit the button every time you take a snap shot?

What I'm basically trying to do is, set the camera up on a try pod in a room and then keep it there while taking shots of different objects but in the same room and lighting conditions. I don't want to have to have to set the white point for each and every shot.

Advanced Thanks to anyone who can assist?

Starstreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:02 PM   #2

Did someone else answer your question? I just happened to come by here and, in case you are still interested in the answer - the white balance will stay at the custom mode until you change that setting, and will maintain it even if you power off the camera (I know because I accidentally hit the button and put the white noise on custom once when I was shooting in entirely different lighting. Did I ever have funny looking photos!). You can set the white balance, go somewhere else and change to auto or sunlight, then go back to custom and it will maintain the last custom setting.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote