Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:23 PM   #1

Everyone gawks at the higher megapixel count on the P200 and automatically says it's the better bet, but I don't know. I'm having trouble with both of them taking in focus pictures. I think that probably can't be corrected though as I've tried every focus mode and strategy possible. I'm usually just shooting at 3MP anyway so would it even make a difference at that size? Which one has the better image quality while even shooting at 3MP?
drfunky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 4:01 PM   #2

First, why aren't you shooting at full resolution. Its typically far better to shoot at best quality, and the resize down if need be. Not shooting at full resolution leaves alot on the table. It affects ability to crop and enlarge prints to name a few drawbacks.

Second, what kind of situations are you getting blurry pics in. Without knowing the situation, it is difficult to offer a solution. Even better, would be to post a pic or two.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:33 PM   #3

I'm only shooting at not full resolution because full resolution isn't kind to a 128MB card.

The pictures I get that are out of focus are those taken with flash with either centered or multi-focus, mostly just indoors. It's getting a little annoying as it's not a blur, I know if it doesn't flash in low-light there's a good chance it's gonna blur. It just focuses on the background or objects not centered, which really kinda sucks.
drfunky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:14 PM   #4

Okay I

am no way saying this will work, but try if the illuminator in setup will work. It should be pointed away from eyes, maybe on clothes.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote