Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:50 AM   #1

Good day.

I have a Sony DSC F828. The hue and sharpness - A ok.

My problem is I want to capture "active" subjects (e.g. children)on flash but because of the pre flashes, the subject/s is/are often out of frame when the final flash fires.

I bought an HVL F23X thinking this would solve the problem , it didn't (hopefully, I just don't know). And I noticed, that theF23X only fires on Camera and P mode.

Is there a way to eliminate this pre flashes? Does the R1 does the pre flashes too?

Thanks in advance.

JuanMasipag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:06 PM   #2

All 2003 and newer Sony cameras have pre-flash metering and you can't turn it off. If yours flickers a few times, that is the red-eye reduction flash and you can turn it off in the setup menu.The pre-flashannoys me because when I take pictures of pets the pre-flash makes them blink and the picture is captured with their eyes closed. The 2004 and newer models have a much quicker pre-flash but it is still annoying.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:21 PM   #3

Thanks Cyber sir.

Maybe that's one reason why the sony pics at ISO 100 are quite a bit sharper and more vibrant than my hyped DSLR. I won't name the DSLR of course coz it would spell my doom . :roll:I love my DSLR though.

Well, anyway, everything has its flaws. Just try to work around the flaws. Ihope, when sony finally decides on marketing a DSLR, they would put a choice for the user to use or not to use the pre flashes. . . Also to raise the ISO tolerance.

Again, thanks a lot.:-)

JuanMasipag is offline   Reply With Quote