Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:48 PM   #1

I just purchased a Sony DSC-H1 to replace my aging Panasonic Camcorder.

After charging the batteries, reading the instructions and installing a 1gm memory stick I took some test pictures.

Problem #1:

I could not activate the Image Size button to change my setting. It would not work in any mode. It seems to be locked on to 1M. When I press the button the 1M symbol just flashes.

Problem #2:

When I tranferred my test pics to my computer (XP Pro)each imagethat viewed normally in the camera turned into wallpaper consisting of 12 repetitive images. (See Attachment)

I thought it was the computer so I tried in on my laptop and my wife's computer with the same results. If I put the XP picture viewer in filmstrip mode then I get normal filemstrip with the resulting large wallpaper style. I even removed the memory stick and tried transferring without the camera. Removing the memory stick and trying the test pics with the internal 32mb memory resulted in the same problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks, Duiz....

Attached Images
duiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:43 PM   #2

hi duiz give that button next to the focus button a try. It makes you switch between single shot, continuous shoot, exp brk, and mulit action shot modes. What your on is action multi shot mode, called multi burst in the manual. It also is limited to 1mp. Only can you choooe 5mp in the other modes.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 8:18 PM   #3

Thank you so very much. That cured both problems.

Thanks, again....
duiz is offline   Reply With Quote