Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 10, 2003, 2:26 PM   #1
Default DSC-P7 users HELP, please!!

hi all!!

This is a request for help from the DSC-P72 users out there!!

I friend of mine is in the US and he will purchase (i live in Brazil) a P72 for me, but from the posts and reviews i'm reading over the web, i'm getting a little concerned about this camera's image quality.

I have to say I'm a very amateur user (and have no intention to become a pro ou advanced user!), and i'm going to use this camera only to take close up and a few wide-range pics of my kids, 99,9% of the time at home (indoors pictures), and 95% of the time at a very low-light condition and with flash always on (i'm at home only by night).

So, my question is: is this camera really bad for this kind of picture (low light, flash on)???

A few weeks ago i borrowed a friends P7 and i was very disapointed with the pics i got under the conditions i mentioned.

All the pics were shot at the highest resolution, and were very fuzzy, noisy, almost like if i used a blur effect, lacking definition, detailing and clarity in terms of the contour and separation of colors. Looked like a scanned image at 480x320 72dpi resolution resized to 1600x1200 72 dpi.... i think you got the idea!

So, could any of you P72 users out there PLEASE give me some advice on this matter??

I must stress that my purchase-or-not of this camera will depend upon any advice i get here at this forum, since i cant actually check the camera out because we dont have it here in Brazil.

Thanks a lot for your attention and for any help in advance!!

take care everybody! PEACE for us all!!

maafbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links