Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 24, 2006, 5:05 PM   #1

When I compose a shot, I see vertical line(s) if there is very bright light source (shoting desk lamp in dark room). But when I take the shot everything is OK (i see light source without vertical line).

A also noticed that if there is in natural light very bright surface I see some purple vertical lines going throu that surface. This was more visible at higher shutter speeds. But again no problems when I make a shot (picture looks OK).

I recently had my camera at Sony service for replacement of CCD sensor :sad:.

Now I tray to figure out if this kind of error is normal or they messed up something when my CCD was replaced.

So, please owners of H1 do a little test for me and report back if your H1 have the same problem.

Otherwise, H1 is great camera!

ermingut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2006, 7:36 AM   #2

I have observed similar vertical banding in the viewfinder on my H1 on a few occasions. But only when it'sviewing a very bright, point source light against a dark background (eg. a locomotive headlamp at dusk).

The recorded images however are perfect - no evidence whatsoever of the bandsseen inthe EVFare evidentin therecorded image.

Aside from this minorproblem I am delighted with my H1!
FarmallBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:03 AM   #3

This is not really a problem. I have 6 digicamsincluding the H1and except forthe Nikon 4200, all other present the same line when the lens faces bright light (most evident with sun light). As mentioned, the lines only appear on the LCD/EVF. If you use a polarizer filter, the line will disappear. The H1 is the best camera I've ever had!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote