Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:58 AM   #1

hello, i want to byu a digital camera and i am between sony h2 and nikon s4.
wich one would you suggest me and why. thank you and sorry for my english
nk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:23 PM   #2

The Nikon is more of a pocket camera ,the lens does not extend so that is a plus , and ithas the excellent swiveling body and a screen with more pixels than the H2

On the other hand the H2 while being larger it has a longer reach , has image stabilization, a brighter lens and assuming it matches the speed of the H1 will be much more responsive on focus times and shot to shot times. The flash is way more powerful as well, in comparison the Coolpix S4 only has a range of 3ms.. The H2 also has a better movie mode, running as 30frames/sec at max resolution , plus you can zoom unlike the Nikon.

A major disappointment in the Nikon is the lack of manual shooting controls,it has custom white balance and exposure compensation settings , while the Sony has them, plus full manual controls, from manual focus , to setting the aperture and the shutter speed. So if you want to be creative the Sony is the way to go.

The H2 can use all the accessories of the H1 , so thats a tc/wideangle/CU lens, slave flash , ring light, 58mm filters, etc etc the coolpix has .. umm.. not a lot !

Another minor detail is the lack of usb 2 hi speed support for connecting to your computer, though most of us have a card reader so thats not a lot to worry about.

So, it really depends on what you want, the Nikon is smaller, has the sexy swivel and is a basic point and shoot, the Sony is larger, has accessories, is stabilized and can go from full auto point and shoot to full manual.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:45 PM   #3

You can go to this website

May be it will help you find your choice
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote