Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 16, 2006, 9:35 AM   #1

I have a really stupid question. I have connected a S-90 thru the USB cable to a Win XP home machine & used the camera wizard to view and copy the pics from the camera. I can not figure out how to delete the pics after downloading them. At one point in the process there is a check box for delete after download but it is grayed out. I know I can use the camera itself to delete but I think using the wizard would be faster.

Any suggestions?

amurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2

Since I own different camera and do not have camera wizard software you have, I can not help you directly with your question. But there is advice: the best way to clean up memory card (MS perhaps) is to FORMAT IT IN CAMERA.
This is true to any camera and any type of memory card
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:39 PM   #3

I have found a solution that works for me. I don't use the wizard that pops up. I Open 'My Computer' and click through the folders until I get to my pictures. 'Select All' and use 'Move Files or Folders' in the right hand column.

My camera is new and I've only done this one time but when I went back to my camera to delete the pictures they were already gone from the memory stick. Use 'Move' rather than 'Copy'.
cherylzyx is offline   Reply With Quote