Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

View Poll Results: Should I keep it or Return it?
Keep it 0 0%
Return it 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 7, 2003, 9:43 AM   #1
Default I need your advice with new Sony

I just bought my first real digital camera and I don't know if I should keep it or return it. I see a defect in all the pictures and I don't know if I am being too picky or not. Please look at the two pictures. I have marked the dark spot on the first picture. You can see the dark spot in the second picture also. I bought a Sony DSC-P51. Its a 2 MP with a 2x optical. It was a demo unit and I think it might be damaged. Only paid $125 for it. Can I do better for $125? So I don't know if I should keep it or return it. Please let me know.

Thanks for your help,
Tom :?:
tnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2003, 7:11 AM   #2

Looks like some dust on the CCD - or the lens (experienced both problems myself on different cameras).
This is often seen on digicams. Especially on Dslr - dust on the CCD is a huge problem. Not that often seen on compact digicams though.

If you like the camera - dont return it - but get the dust problem fixed right away. You have to return it for repair at your dealer. Put the shots on your memory card and show it to him. Should be no problem.

But I must say - I would return it at get a new one if I could! but maybe the warranty comes in here...
Good luck.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote