Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:25 PM   #1

My husband and I just purchased our new Sony H-5 digicam. We wanted to know what kind of wide angle lens should be recommended for this camera. We have not received our camera yet and can't wait to get it.
zonasuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:17 PM   #2

I have the H1 and I believe in terms of optics the H1 and H5are very similar, specially in terms of size. With that said, I have a Raynox DCR-6600PRO and I think it's the best WA out there. You do need to buy the Raynox 52mm adapter (see link below for a good place to buy)since this is the thread size of the adapter. The H5 (like the H1) comes with a 58mm adapter. You could buy a step down ring (58mm to 52mm), which may be a bit cheaper than the Raynox adapter but it will cause vignetting (dark corners). I tried it. Also, Raynox has a new line of WA converters, which comes in 58mm (HD 6600PRO58). Theoretically they are the same as the DCR6600PRO but I've readreviews stating that the image is not as sharp, reason why I decided on the DCR version. This lens produces almost no barrel distortion, very typical of most WA converters and color saturation is amazing. I carry it with me wherever I take the H1 to. See link below for some postings ofpictures I took with this lens. Good luck.

Raynox adapter:

Pictures taken withH1 and Raynox DCR 6600PRO:

Raynox DCR-6600PRO - where to buy:

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote