Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 11, 2003, 12:28 AM   #1
Default Help with Sony 717 night shots in Las Vegas?

I have a Sony 717 and I am going to Las Vegas and I would like to get some night shots of the lights on the strip.

Can anyone give me some ideas or tricks :?:

Thanks Timbo
timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2003, 12:31 AM   #2

Make sure you have a tripod! Beyond that, all I can say is to experiment with the white balancing and exposure level until you get what you want.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 6:46 AM   #3

Yes. Tripod is a must. I find that autocolour balance produces the best results or setting colour level for sunny.

You may be interested in getting Pixmaker Lite off the web and practice before you go. This program produces panoramas and you could get some awsome pans in Las Vegas. Oh and its free.

Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2003, 5:20 PM   #4

I just got back from Vegas (Business Trip) and I brought along my Sony 707. Man the pics turned out great.

The 707 has been rated as one of the best night time cameras around. There are no specs in the black sky, 100% black.

*I did not use (I forgot to bring it with me), but I used "Street Stands" that were all around me*
*And always use the "Timer" on the camera, this will help take away any shaking that happens when you press the button*

M&M Store = Turned my camera sideways and rested in on the side of a Steet light pole. I also stood up on a little wall to get up higher.

MGM = Across the steet I rested my camera on the hand rails of moving stairs (they were not moving that night).

Paris = I was on the about 3 blocks away (with MGM behind me and Paris in front of me) and I rested my camera on a fence and held the camera vertical to get the tower framed correctly.

MGM Lion outside = Use the walk way that comes out of the MGM above the street. It will give you a great view of the Lion looking over the Tropicana. The front of the Lion is highlight in white and the Tropicana is in the lower right of the picture.

***Many more shots of the buildings and all were taken with the "Street Pods" steading my camera.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote