Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:15 PM   #1

A drop of around 15" by my DSC-W50 from my car seat to the carpetted car floor has resulted in a permanently damaged/disfigured LCD screen. Yes, the camera was in its little leather bag. All camera functions continue to work as well as ever. Apparently the type of LCD failure is not unique, as the Ebayer seller at

has identical screen damage (exact same shape, exact same location). Coincidence? What are the odds?

Three questions (1) Anyone else out there suffered similarly (2) Apart from encasing the camera in styrofoam, is there any way I can provide a degree of protection to this wonderful camera without detracting too much from its practicality (3) Anyone tried replacing the LCD screen themselves?
oilwellsjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:03 AM   #2

I use these: http://www.daproducts.com/
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:44 PM   #3

I also have a w50.
These are all the essentials in my mind.
I bought a cybershot case (for T-9, but fits W-50 also, and is the same size as the camera) from ebay that fits it perfectly, a micro ballerina cloth (from the website amazingthailand recommended), which I fold and put inside the cybershot case for added protection for the digicam because the material inside the case isn't exactly sensitive on my digicam, a thick lanyard from ebay to hold the camera around my neck so i don't have to carry it all the time, plus u can easily take it off by unsnapping the lanyard for practicality, and I also bought an LCD protector off ebay, but not just any regular LCD protector. If you want to know what I mean, search for "SPUC w50" on ebay.
yup.. I take care of my sh!t.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote