Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:03 PM   #1

Would just like to share a few pictures from the Rallycross Superprix at Croft circuit on the 28th October . Pictures were taken using a Canon 1D Mk2 and a Canon 100-400L. C&C welcome.

I will be adding more pictures here when I get time to sort through them all. http://www.pbase.com/kevin_bryce/ral...superprix_2006

Thanks for looking
KevB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:00 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Kev,

Great series and nice work with the slower shutter speed to capture some of the movement. Not sure if it is my monitor (it could be as my usual laptop is poorly so having to use my work one which is not as well calibrated) but these seem a little dull. Having said that the weather here on Sat was nothing short of misserable!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:16 AM   #3

Hi Mark, thanks for your comments.:-) To be honest I just converted the images from RAW and resized with no other adjustments, so maybe they do look a little flat. I could do with a decent, calibratedmonitor myself, as the one I have is getting on a bit.

Kev
Old Oct 30, 2006, 6:55 AM   #4

KevB wrote:
Quote:
Hi Mark, thanks for your comments.:-) To be honest I just converted the images from RAW and resized with no other adjustments, so maybe they do look a little flat.
Kev,

First let me say it looks like you captured some nice action here. But I have to say - this statement kind of hits a nerve with me as I've seeen it more and more. If you were printing a photo and displaying it on a wall for people to view and review, wouldn't you go through your entire PP workflow? But you ask people to take time to view and comment on photos that you, yourself, didn't want to take the time to post process?

Again these are pretty good images that could be even better with USM, contrast and some brightening/curves/levels.

So, please don't take this the wrong way - it's meant for people in general. Posting a photo on a forum like this is like printing it and hanging it on a wall for people to see. So if you think it's worth sharing (and these are by the way they're really good ) why not take the extra 10 minutes to finish processing them? Now, it's a completely different situation for people that are new to sports photography and don't know how to do any post processing. That's just part of the learning curve for them. Sorry to vent here Kev - please don't take it personally. I really do like the shots, it's just how I interpret this response (as in "yeah, I know there's some PP to do I just didn't have time to do it - but please people, take time to view and comment about the pictures I didn't have time to process).

OK, tirade over :-)

Back to these images. 6 & 7 are definitely my favorites because the cars are off the ground. To me, that just looks cool. I also agree that you did a good job of showing motion. Well done!

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:46 AM   #5

No offence taken at all John, comments appreciated.:-) I'm still learning photography in generaland still need to improve considerably with my PP skills. The pictures on my Pbase page have now had some adjustment ( a little USM and saturation adjustment), but I really do need to invest in a decent calibrated monitor as the colours look totaly different on whatever computer I look at them on.I'll get there eventually..

Kevin