Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:14 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Hi All,

Though you might like to see some of the lovely ladies I was shooting for the matches this weekend!!!

As always please feel free to let me know what you think.

Yes I know the first one looks as if it is not straight but those tress are on a slant and the fence (which you can't easily see in the small shot is upright).

Mark

Light was fading so was up to 3200 ISO and have not applid much noise reduction to this.

Not the best pic, but I liked the sort of symmetry here!!

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:36 PM   #2

Mark,

Nice series. A couple missing body parts (1 & 3). #2 is a bit flat - needs some contrast and saturation. Love the action in #4 - great timing, but a bit underexposed and in this shot I don't like that the opponent is missing since her stick plays such a prominant role in the photo. I'm OK with cropping out extraneous players but in this case I think that player was part of the play so the photo looks very odd with just her hand and stick.

Still a good series and good timing on your part. Just some things to think about.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 5:09 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanks John, the duller shots where taken when the light was low so using a high ISO and had not run any noise processing on these or done anything else with the colour. I know this is lazy but just felt not a lot had been posted on the sports forum for people to look at so rather than 'fixing' them I just pulled them straight off my site. They are all sorted before printing.

Must try to be less lazy in future when posting :blah:
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:36 PM   #4

The first shot is the winnar for me. Although it's missing an arm (lost in 'nam?) I think it's best based on the isolation of the subjects. The third is also a good shot but the players at the back are maybe a bit of a distraction which makes it second best.
StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:41 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Thanks Steven.

Sorry to say the war story just won't hold water, I have photographic evidence that she has all her limbs..... and there was me hoping to be part of her large compensation claim.

This is the next shot in the series but not quite so keen on it even the she has a full arm showing.