Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:23 PM   #1

Ohio Division III Regional Finals / 33-30 win for defending State Champs (in Red)

Next up - State Semis

Here is a link to the fullsize image of the collage below

http://www.bigredtalk.net/Images/RegChamps.jpg

Ron G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2006, 5:02 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Ron,

These shots are looking really good, it make such a difference when shooting during the day rather than the night games you have been doing under the lights. Exposure is good as is framing, the only thing to watch out for isthe horizon making sure that it is straight and that vertical posts/poles are vertical.

I really like the last 2, especially the expression in the final shot again only let down as it is not straight.

I also like what you have done with the collage, did it take a long time to put together?

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:07 AM   #3

Love the collage. What a pictureboard for a player / fan or even the club it's self. That's brilliant. You should try and nock up a poster...I'd bet itd sell hell even I'd have one and I have no idea who they are.
StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:34 AM   #4

Great shots Ron. Really nice work. I'm jealous of the shooting conditions. I haven't shot football in weeks. Looks like no chance of us meeting up again this year though. Best of luck to your team this weekend!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:25 PM   #5

Thanks for the input everyone.

As for the collage, it was done as poster to hang in the fieldhouse. I should have the print from smugmug on Mon or Tues.

I also put it up on the team website that I run as a free wallpaper for fans.

John,

I was hoping to get the chance to meet up this year but it looks like we have to wait another year or another sport.

The team I shoot (Steubenville Big Red) will be playing Aurora in the Semis. Aurora is the team who knocked MLC out last week.

We are back at the same stadium this weekend but at 7:30pm. The one plus though is that the stadium is Canton Faucett Stadium where the NFL ProBowl is played and Lighting is excellent.

I am hoping for one more day game as the State Game on Dec 2nd is at 3pm in Massillon. :-)

Here is another shot from the touchdown in the last shot.

This is actually my favorite of the two as it shows the reaction of the player on the losing end of the battle.

Ron G is offline   Reply With Quote