Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:51 PM   #1

:-)
Attached Images

HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2006, 3:59 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Hokiegirl,

Not heard anything from you for a while, how are things? It is a tough angle to shoot from the stands (I guess that is where you were) and it looks as if you were using manual mode (not a problem when shooting in constant light) but here is has under exposed the players (which are the focus for sports) quite a lot. Quick question as you were shooting manual why did you go for f14? You usually want the aperture to be as wide as possible (f5.6 on your lens at 300mm) so I would have gone for that. This will allow for a faster shutter speed and help to isolate the action, admitidly at the angle you were shooting from this is not such a big issue but would help. I would try playing with the curves to see if you can pull some of that under exposure back without making it look too flat.

Sorry to be negative but I have seen your other shots (which are cool) and I know you will be able to improve really quicklywith taking these things into consideration.:-)

Mark

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:09 PM   #3

Awesome advice!! I will work on them. :-) I was shooting from the stands. I had to smuggle in my zoom lens though.

I always welcome constructive criticism. Please keep it up!!

I am doing good otherwise. I am getting a diploma in photography....so I can keep improving.
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 4:12 PM   #4
Super Moderator

That's cool. I'm always concerned when saying negative things to someone who I have not commented on much but after looking at your site etc I didn't think you would mind and would rather learn.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Looking forward to see more of the work you are doing for your diploma.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:51 AM   #5

tried alittle pp in CS
Attached Images

Ron G is offline   Reply With Quote