Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:57 PM   #1

Sigma 120-300-2.8

Thanks for looking

oldtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:07 PM   #2
Super Moderator

These are fantastically sharp which is great..... however for me I'm not really feeling the action apart from in the last one. I could be the crops (no legs so there is feel for speed, movement), it could be that I'm not overly familiar with Lacrosse or something else. I do like the facial expression that you have captured in the 2nd shot.

It's great to see something different here though and we have not seen much from you so I would encourage you to post more and share with us.

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:57 PM   #3

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
These are fantastically sharp which is great..... however for me I'm not really feeling the action apart from in the last one. I could be the crops (no legs so there is feel for speed, movement), it could be that I'm not overly familiar with Lacrosse or something else. I do like the facial expression that you have captured in the 2nd shot.

It's great to see something different here though and we have not seen much from you so I would encourage you to post more and share with us.

Mark
Thanks for looking, alot of the action takes place as in #1 short pole on right(offense) try's to allude long pole(defense on left)
a couple more Defense swarming to offensive players

Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:34 AM   #4

Great lens, isn't it?

I agree with Mark - number 2 is nice. Number 4 has great potential but it looks flat. Look at the color/contrast of that shot vs. 2 & 3 - they're much livlier. I think if you fix that, #4 could be the best shot of the bunch.

Thanks for sharing!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:14 PM   #5

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Great lens, isn't it?

I agree with Mark - number 2 is nice. Number 4 has great potential but it looks flat. Look at the color/contrast of that shot vs. 2 & 3 - they're much livlier. I think if you fix that, #4 could be the best shot of the bunch.

Thanks for sharing!
John , Thanks for looking and for the comments-- I'll try reworking #4 and see what I come up with