Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:03 PM   #1

after spending a day a week ago in a dungeon shooting level 4 gymnastics, it was a nice change of pace to shoot a high school meet last night. Here are some of the vault photos:

notice anything special in this one?

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:14 PM   #2

Good timing and lighting. I haven't ever shot gymnastics, but hear that the lighting is often difficult. To bad about the signs in the background - I realize they are part of the story, but a bit distracting after awhile. I realize you one is extremely limited as to where you can stand at a meet such as this.

I did notice - at first only that she was still very symmetrical/balanced despite only one hand on the box - then realized why when I saw your note.

Kevin
klfatcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:35 PM   #3

klfatcj wrote:
Quote:
To bad about the signs in the background - I realize they are part of the story, but a bit distracting after awhile.

Thanks Kevin - and no, they're not really part of the story IMO they're just annoying. :angry: Unfortunately not enough room on the other side of the aparatus, so what can you do.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:10 AM   #4

Some great shots John! Looks like you could get close to the action...something I couldn't do atour last meet. What lense and settings? Also, what level are these girls?

I think I saw the same girl that you posted the note about on your website (yeah I have been sneaking peaks since the photos started showing up) and I thought what determination and strength!

One thing that can be tough during a competition is to actually tell the girls apart...same leo, hair many times up the same way, etc.

Chris
PhotoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 8:45 AM   #5

PhotoDad wrote:
Quote:
I think I saw the same girl that you posted the note about on your website (yeah I have been sneaking peaks since the photos started showing up) and I thought what determination and strength!

Chris
Chris - I'll tell you what, that girl was GOOD. She had a very good floor routine. It really was impressive!

I'll post the bars photos overnight!