Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:20 PM   #1
Super Moderator

After my series of a couple of weeks ago our ladies team made it through to the 2nd round, unfortunately they were not able to take the win today........ however I did get some pics (as you can see) although lighting was a bit different as this hall has windows around the top meaning I had to make adjustments for some areas of the gym as it was lita lot differently.

This is still my 2nd time of shooting Volleyball in anger and the 2nd time using my Canon 85mm f1.8 (which I'm really liking).

The Exif is there for all pics but most will have been 1/500 f2 and ISO 800 or 1000 with the Canon 30D.

Please let me know what you think.

Mark

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:53 PM   #2

Great work - Mark. You've got the hang of the 85 it seems. The last shot is perfect - very well done!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 9:58 PM   #3
Administrator

Great Shots Mark.

It looks like you guys actually get the ball in most shots for indoor sports. I'll have to work on that if I ever plan on shooting much of that kind of thing (probably not, though). It looks too much like work. lol

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:55 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Thanks guys.

I was really pleased with the last one too John.

Jim getting the ball in shot is the hardest thing as you need to shoot just before you think you should otherwise it is long gone. If you are a shooter who has both eyes open (and can see around the camera depending on the eye you use) then this will help however I find it easier for framing to close one eye and use my knowledge of the game/player actions to get the shot. Give it a good go John and I think you will enjoy the challenge....... well you might after the first 20 missed shots :G
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:12 PM   #5

Nice job Mark. I really like 2 and7 alot. Waiting for my sons' basketball games to begin, I was able to "dabble" in a few v ball pics....VERY difficult. I have a much better appreciation of your skills guys!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:05 PM   #6

Nice shots Mark, the 85mm seems to have been adequet
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:23 PM   #7

I'll second Jim...the timing of these are really good! Looks like the lighting conditions were pretty darn good too! Glad you are having fun with the 85.
PhotoDad is offline   Reply With Quote