Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:35 PM   #1

What do you think? Do I need to crop it more? Thanks

Attached Images

Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Super Moderator

The gray bag on the left is the most distracting thing in the shot so finding a way to crop that out would be good.

I like the fact that there is a little motion blur in the wheels much better than completely freezing everything. Did you get any more shots on the day?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:24 PM   #3

I'm with Mark.

I guess if you could do it over I'd like to see more of the wheels and no grey bag. But given the shot you have I'm not sure how you could crop it to eliminate the bag without totally eliminating the wheels.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:19 PM   #4

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
The gray bag on the left is the most distracting thing in the shot so finding a way to crop that out would be good.

I like the fact that there is a little motion blur in the wheels much better than completely freezing everything. Did you get any more shots on the day?
Thanks for the advice everyone. This was from the "Tour Of California" race. I will try to crop out the bag.Here are a couple more.
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:25 PM   #5

The other one, I just noticed that I caught a water bottle going through the air.
Attached Images

Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:11 AM   #6

Nice job Kanji! I love all the colors in cycling. Of the two shots I prefer the last one because I can see the road as it winds away into the background.It helps guide my eyes back to the center, if that makes sense...lol...It adds a little extra to the shot, whereas the first one couldve been taken by any bystander with a camera. I realize you were trying to get the whole field but try a close crop on just the leaders in that first pic and see how it looks, of course itd ruin any chance of an enlargement but ZI think the second would be better if that was your intention. As far as the Greenie, I also like the wheels to be blurred instead of frozen. Its funny and frustrating how a little gray bag cankeep a good shot from being an awesome shot. Id love to see more if you have any!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 7:14 PM   #7

Nice
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote