Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 28, 2007, 4:15 PM   #1

Picked up a new 70-200 f/2.8 and used it at a baseball game. After only one game, Im in love with this thing! Its fast, smooth, decent size, super quiet as compared to my 80-400,and tack sharp. As always, C&C welcomed.

DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 5:07 PM   #2

Really nice shots there. The first one ends up working (even though you can't see a face) because of the ball - definitely a different shot. Second shot is a great portrait - nice exposure and sharpness. Now you've caught the bug. Once you've shot with a lens like that, it's tough to use consumer lenses for sports again
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:04 AM   #3

John, thanks for the compliments...and I ve def caught the bug! After spending months in poorly lit gyms its nice to get out in the open air. This ismy first season shooting baseball soIm still trying to figure out how to deal with chain link fences,cars in parking lots and right handed vs left handed batters and pitchers! Funny story. Yesterday, the opposing team's coach asked ifI sold my pics and if so, wanted a few of his son who was about to pitch.. After inquiring about his number, batting lineup, etc...(trying to sound like I knew what I was doing) I asked whether he was a righty or a lefty.After being told he wasI righty I quickly proceeded to the other side of the field to "get set up". It turnedout to be the wrong side of the field!!I felt like such a fool, but was able to work all angles and shoot from all sides!
Old May 10, 2007, 7:20 PM   #4

Good Job
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 9:26 AM   #5

Thanks for looking Matt, and I appreciate the compliment.