Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:06 PM   #1

taken with 5D and 120-300 at 420mm with 1.4x from around 40-50meters. The images were def cropped :G
Attached Images

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:07 PM   #2

taken with 5D and 120-300 at 420mm with 1.4x from around 40-50meters. The images were def cropped :G
Attached Images

Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:14 PM   #3

Man what a great age group. I cant believe the concentration these little guys have. The first pic examplifies that quite nicely. Just curious, ever try shooting in the vertical? I find that just by doing that Ican cut out alot of extraneousunwanteds and do little post processing cropping-just a thought.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:52 PM   #4

I really like the timing of the first shot. But, I can't put my finger on what exactly it is about these shots other than they look overprocessed. The second certainly looks like too much saturation (color of the grass). But both of them have something I can't put my finger on. I'mthinking it's the result of the heavy crop but I'm not sure. There are well defined edges but little detail. Childrens faces are normally smooth and don't have much - but even the uniforms. Is any of this making sense :?

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:31 PM   #5

Hi John

i think it has to do with the cropping. let me try a different approach and repost and see if that looks better. also my mac is at home and i didnt edit it in that. These windows monitors really gives me hard time to get the right color or sharpness.

Let me re load it tonight

Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:03 PM   #6

John...I'm thinking that it has to bethe sunglasses the kid is wearing in the first picture! :?

I agree that the colors look very processed in the 2nd picture. The only thoughts I have on the first one is to crop out the dead space to the right and maybe soften up the blue in the wall just a bit. You can crop that to a much tighter shot if you want...
mctrees02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:40 PM   #7

ok here is an unedited version.

Its the crop...the crop is too close..from 8mb it became to almost 2mb. so losing most of the details....

will get close this weekend to see if i can get a better shot..also as u suggested, will try the vertical position..
Attached Images

Old May 10, 2007, 7:20 PM   #8

too cute
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote