Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 6, 2007, 1:37 AM   #1

went really late. just the last innings for the day. And not the best shots by comparison with the ones John and others post.. but still ...

just before the swing
Attached Images

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 1:39 AM   #2

the stroke where he hit a home run...sorry, with my 5D the 3fps missed the actual shot. i have the completed one and the just before the contact one.
Attached Images

Old May 6, 2007, 1:40 AM   #3

the home run celebration as he returned to the first base
Attached Images

Old May 6, 2007, 8:37 AM   #4

Great expression on the first shot! Good exposure too in difficult lighting. I feel your pain regarding having the shot just before and just after contact - you either get it or you don't, even with 5fps I have no better luck. My guess is with the 10fps of the mkIII it might be easier if you miss the timing.

My only suggestion on the first 2 is the framing - slide the batter to the back third of the frame rather than the middle so he's looking into more space and you don't have as much dead space behind - not the very back of the frame but think rule-of-thirds his face should be near the focus point in the back third of the frame.

Love the home run celebration - but try a little more work and see if you can bring out a little more shadow detail. I love celbration shots - for whatever reason though, the 1st or 3rd base coach always seems to get between me and the celebration though :evil:

Good job!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 5:40 PM   #5

thanks John.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"My bad. I had a chance to take like total of 10 pitches and i coudnt even place myself at the right place. I Was to the left of the first base. And very close to the batter.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"And those few shots i took, the frame is totally covered with the player. No room to crop an image to show some leading frame as u suggested.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"And it was 1pm in the afternoon. And the spot i chose was having the best light with decent shadow. Next time i am going to go a bit more early. I tried playing with the celebration snap, but it involves some masking to bring out the shadow. Will try sometime again.

Here are few more shots from that game.

This pitch was one before the Home Run
Attached Images

Old May 6, 2007, 5:40 PM   #6

the pose before the pitch
Attached Images

Old May 6, 2007, 5:42 PM   #7

and the player and keeper together..very harsh light and i did a little too much contrast. will edit again and pose..Shooting raw has some real good advantage.
Attached Images