Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 14, 2007, 9:29 AM   #1

Here are the action shots to go along with the portrait shots from Friday:

This shot isn't that great because the runner is cut out of the frame but it provides the setup for the photo following it.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2007, 9:40 AM   #2

Very nicely done, as usual. I cant believe these girls slide in shorts! That just aint right! I love the faces thread also. I find myself snapping unsuspecting players all the time. At firstI thought itd be a waste because dads love the action stuff. But I found that it brought out the moms and got them involved in the process. Moms will spend anything on their kids!

PS whats with the photog in pic2? He brought along his own scissor lift? How funny!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 9:48 AM   #3

It's video - they had 3 cameras for a local cable TV station.

I agree on the faces - I've found that 90% of my clients are the moms so I like to give them what they like. For instance I love the shot of the missed play at 2nd but it's highly unlikely the shortstop's mom would buy a photo like that - great action shot but it will never sell.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 9:55 AM   #4

Hilarious! the pic of the week on my site is the ball on the bat pic that I have in another thread on here. The mom, dad and son hate it. Even afterI tried explaining what a great shot from a photog's perspective that is, they couldnt get past the fact that he wasnt keeping his eye on the ball. Therefore, to them it was just another shot. Im glad they gave me permission to display it though. Live and learn. Sometimes its more about what the parents perceive as a good shot vs what IS a good shot.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote