Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 24, 2007, 6:30 PM   #1

I was walking bact to my car and saw 2 golfers in the evening sun and snap
Attached Images

bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2007, 7:31 PM   #2

Nice picture. I think you could crop a lot away, leaving more of the golfers. As for spotting the ball, its on the tee.

Jeff
Jeffonyourleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 1:38 PM   #3

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of sharpening the people, cropping and cleaning the image a little. I did it quickly so not perfect!

Juzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 1:58 PM   #4

i dont mind at all, nice work, i did play around with the shot a bit my self before i posted the original, i thought this was not to bad but pixelated so i did not post it
Attached Images

bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:13 AM   #5

Love the picture. Lucky you had your camera. This would have been one of the those "kick myself" moments for me if I saw what you were prepared enough to capture.

I do agree some cropping could be used but have to add, it's the dimunitive size of the golfers up against a massive sky and ball of fire that IS the picture to me. The shadowey profile takes all personality and/or technique out of the swing and just shows the moment. It's not a "thrill of victory" or "agony of defeat" picture. It's not about the expressions or emotions. It's not a technical "bat on ball" picture. It's not a "larger than life" athlete picture. In my opinion, it's a "moment in time" picture. It's a perspective picture you were able to capture.

Only crop comment might be that all the area to the right is wasted. The sun is clearly a fortunate (and now essential) element in the photo. All that space to the right is not... Also, the ground in YOUR original picture DID help to frame the picture for me. It helped to show the distance between you and the subject and to once again, frame these two tiny subjects in a big world in a moment in time. To cut all that out reduce it to sky only actually minimizes the perspective.

Question: Our brains are conditioned to see things in this RIGHT-HANDED world and I at first assumed he was hitting away from you, into the sun. The more I looked, I'm now wondering, is it a LEFT-HANDED golfer hitting AT YOU???

BTW, with all respect, I don't think the golfers needed to be sharpened. Yours looks great. If they are TOO sharp, it's not natural. They are shadowey figures in the real world. They ARE blurred against the background just like the ground and trees. Great shot. With some crop, it's really, really cool.

Attached Images

leeraff is offline   Reply With Quote