Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 29, 2007, 2:55 PM   #1

if you're in a field of dandelions with the girlfriend, what else are you gonna do? you owe it to yourself to FROLIC. :)

2s timer.

Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2007, 3:08 PM   #2

Terrific shots, well thought out............musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 3:17 PM   #3

Nice concept. I think I would prefer subjects coming TOWARD the camera rather than away - faces usually being more interesting than behinds.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 6:42 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Number 2 is fantastic!!!!

The faces would add to this but without them number 3 looks like something you would find in an advert.... not sure what for yet but could see it being used. I would consider putting it in a stock image lib and see what happens.

Edit - what kit are you shooting with?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 1:06 AM   #5

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Nice concept. I think I would prefer subjects coming TOWARD the camera rather than away - faces usually being more interesting than behinds.
Thanks for the input, John! i actually got the idea from some guy's blog. he sets his camera up with a 2s timer and then runs as far as he can. I thought it was kind of a creative schtick, so i thought i'd give it a try!

Thanks for your comment, musket!

Mark- thank you for your comments! I am using a Sony Alpha (a100). I framed #2 as an 8x12 today (with a mat in a 11x14 frame) and it is POPPING. it looks great printed out. (gotta love the old employee discount on printing)
Old May 30, 2007, 9:50 AM   #6

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
With all due respect to the photog, the model and John...not always...Behinds are nice too:-)The thing I like about these is that it mustve been fun. It had to have been! I get that feeling from these shots...2 adults playing like kids in a field, thats a beautiful thing to do every once in a while. Nicely done.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 9:54 AM   #7

DRGSin wrote:
Quote:
JohnG wrote:
Quote:
With all due respect to the photog, the model and John...not always...Behinds are nice too:-)The thing I like about these is that it mustve been fun. It had to have been! I get that feeling from these shots...2 adults playing like kids in a field, thats a beautiful thing to do every once in a while. Nicely done.
EXACTLY what I was going for in these shots, DRGSin! I have to say that that afternoon was the most fun I've had taking pictures in a long time. I tend to agree with you that the fact we were having fun comes through clearly!