Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:17 PM   #11

hi johng,

thank you, i have been waiting for nice weather and a game. finally it worked out! yeah the basket ball was my first time, and i don't have neat image on this pc. anyway, thank you!
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 2:26 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Hey John,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"JohnG is right the football is really moving on well and you have done a good job here. I can see that you are getting lower to shoot which gives a more pleasing angle and the timing in these shots is good.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The basket ball is harder but for your first time you have done pretty well, go for what John has said then the will look better.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:33 PM   #13

hi mark,

thank you,!!

i hope everyone has had a wonderful fathers day!!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:00 PM   #14

airbrushjohn wrote:
Quote:
as some of you may know i do live in an area that was hit very hard by hurricane katrina. well this was a huge step forward for our area. a local pastor and operation blessing has out done themselves!! thay have rebuilt a much needed community center for the kids! so i toook some sports shots plus a bunch of pr shots. i'm only posting a few sports shots! but it was a great day for alot of folks! and the best part the local governmant actually stayed out of the whole process! which in itself is a blessing!!
I am impressed with the Olympus when you were shooting iso 1600 with it at F2.8. That was a very tough situation for any lens or camera.
Job well done even it is grainy which is very much expected.
And I hope the comm center does bring hope for the kids.
The soccer series is in a lot less demanding situation (iso 200). It may appear better than the basketball series unless you look further inside the sensitivity setting

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:48 AM   #15

Nice soccer shots Bro! Great timing, well composed and tightly shot.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:41 AM   #16

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
airbrushjohn wrote:
Quote:
as some of you may know i do live in an area that was hit very hard by hurricane katrina. well this was a huge step forward for our area. a local pastor and operation blessing has out done themselves!! thay have rebuilt a much needed community center for the kids! so i toook some sports shots plus a bunch of pr shots. i'm only posting a few sports shots! but it was a great day for alot of folks! and the best part the local governmant actually stayed out of the whole process! which in itself is a blessing!!
I am impressed with the Olympus when you were shooting iso 1600 with it at F2.8. That was a very tough situation for any lens or camera.
Job well done even it is grainy which is very much expected.
And I hope the comm center does bring hope for the kids.
The soccer series is in a lot less demanding situation (iso 200). It may appear better than the basketball series unless you look further inside the sensitivity setting

Daniel, Toronto
hi daniel,

first of all, thank you very much!!

the sensitivity settings you are talking about, would that be where you adjust the sharpness, and vivid, etc.?

hi DRGSin,

thank you!!