Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:09 PM   #1

Here are some sequence shots. Man it's nice to have a high frame rate for this kind of stuff.

C&C welcome:

Series 1 - very nice catch run in for a touchdown

series 2: close but no cigar:

series 3: fabulous catch for 35 yards. Occurred about 5-10 yards from me so this puppy was tight. Only crop was slight leveling. I have to admit this is my favorite series from the day. Although you don't see his face :sad:I think it really captures the concentration - all the opportunities to drop this pass - all within a single second.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2007, 3:16 AM   #2
Super Moderator

OK, now you are just showing off with your 10 fps LOL. 3 good series and great sharpness (needless to say really). I take it you are using the 120-300 but is this with or without the 1.4x tc?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:28 AM   #3

w/o the TC. The 120-300 plus TC gives me problems in bright sunlight. I had forgotten that until just after I got the mk III and shot a double header baseball game. I shot 2/3 of the first game with the TC and the results were NOT good. I took it off and results got better but not great. I then spent an hour doing focus tests/micro adjusts (great new feature that) and now things are better.

as for showing off with 10fps - you know I think in the past month I've only taken 2 burst of 10 shots or more (out of 4,000 pics). In most cases I still just pick the best shot out of say a three shot burst. The only time I use a whole burst is a pitching sequence in baseball. But these reception plays were just interesting to see how much really happens in that second. I'm sure I'll get over the "cool factor" in another game or two and revert back to just taking 1 or 2 shots out of the burst.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:32 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Cool

Is there an ability to select different fps speeds like I can on the 30D so you don't have to run at 10fps if you don't want to? If so what are the options?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 7:46 AM   #5

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
Cool

Is there an ability to select different fps speeds like I can on the 30D so you don't have to run at 10fps if you don't want to? If so what are the options?
The camera has 2 modes for continuous shooting: H and L. You can set each one to anywhere between 1 and 10 fps. Right now i have L set to 5fps. At 10 it can be tricky to just take 1 shot.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:34 PM   #6

I will be watching this sports forum keenly for your Football shots John.

Great stuff right out of the gate.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote